Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Merry *Late... VERY Late* Christmas...

Ho Ho Ho Ho!!
Hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright!
Our Christmas and the days before and after Christmas were CRAZY!!!
Ever had the Christmas were everything went really great and kinda crap-y all at the same time?!?! Yeah it was one of THOSE Christmas's....
I mean seriously..
 
Dec. 22
 We had an ugly sweater Christmas Party planned at our house! So I was busy with getting that all ready and prepped! I had made spinach dip in a bread bowl... With a veggie platter.. Chips and salsa.. Made two different cookies.. And an amazing spiked apple cider...
The lights were lit.. Food was prepped.. House was super clean..
NO ONE CAME!!!
NO ONE!!!!
Seriously my hubby invited like over 20 people..
And not one person showed.. So THAT was disappointing.. I was all revved up to party and have fun. And take a lot of pictures to blog with.. Sigh.. NONE to be seen..
 
Dec. 23
We did are own little at home Christmas...











SHE LOVES THE DVD\VHS player that my parents got us..

 
Miss Bug got to tear into her gifts.. Although it took some persuading that YES it really was ok for her to touch her presents.. She was such a good girl and didn't bother her presents or the tree this year! So proud of her..
We hung around the house all morning and afternoon.. That evening..
We treated ourselves and Miss Bug to go watch FROZEN!!!
OMGOSH that movie was sooo cute...
Hannah-Bug loved every minute of it, she loved all the singing.. And she would scream when a scary part happen.. And it was just too cute!
 
Dec. 24
So woke up early... And was in a hurry to get ready.. We were going to go drive to Tennessee to spend Christmas with my family... And they had NO clue that we were coming... Also during this getting ready time.. Poor Hannah had a hot-mess of a diaper!!! I started considering not going... I mean my family didn't know so it's not like they would be sad that we DIDN'T come.. Well my hubby convinced me that it was the candy she had at the theater the night before... So went ahead and drove 4 hours... It was soooo much fun texting my mom... Totally BS-ing her!!! They didn't have a clue!!
Got to my family's house... And we ninja-ed it up their walkway! We rang the bell... My sister Becca answered the door and seemed totally non-pulsed at the fact that we were there... And so we went into the house and just stood at the doorway of the kitchen, my sister Katy was the first to see us.. She screamed *OHMY GOD!! MEGAN!!!!!!* It was priceless... In fact I think her and I almost started to cry, my mom was just shocked... It was awesome!!
BEST TIME EVER!!!
So spent Christmas Eve going to church, laughing, eating AMAZINGLY yummy food.. Getting to hear my Daddy read the Christmas story to all of us.. And yeah it was just an amazing time of fun-ness!
 
Dec. 25
MERYY CHRISTMAS!!!


 
After a very long night with poor poor Hannah bug who was just getting sicker.. Sneezing, runny nose, coughing, and yes more hot mess diapers! It was sad!!!
But we all got up at the crake of dawn.. Heck it was before dawn!! hahahaha...
And Hannah was so into opening her stocking!!! It was so much fun to sit back and watch her and my younger siblings.. Hannah was in good spirits and her normal happy self..
Then it was eat an amazing breakfast that my lovely sister Katy who made an eggnog coffee cake and my lovely momma who made yummy herbed eggs!!!
Then it was time to open gifts... Poor Hannah fell asleep on me... So she slept through like 3\4 of the present opening time.. We had brought her gift from my parents..  
When Hannah finally did open her gift she loved it!!
Playing games and having fun...

wow I look thrilled!!!

Hubby took a picture of this... Yes that's my foot and hand prints when I was 9 and a half years old..
Oh and I put my hands and foot up there... YEP!!! They haven't grown at all!!!
 
We played games.. Laughed.. Talked... Napped... Until it was Dinner time!!
It was an amazing spread of food!
However sadly we had to leave pronto after dinner we had a 4 hour drive ahead of us. And the hubby had to work the next day.. So... We had to leave... It's a good thing we left when we did... Because with what I went through, I so would have NEVER left my parents house!!!
 Ahem..
Not ten minutes after loading up into the car.. I came down with what Hannah has... Yeah it was a hell-ish 4 hour drive home.. Lets just say I would so rather go through labor and delivery again rather then EVER go through that again!!!!
And this:
 
Is for my parents and siblings who were so nice and happy to have us be with them during Christmas.. And with a sick child.. I even got some of my siblings sick too!!! :( I'm sorry THANK YOU for letting us crash there!!!!
 
And in the days after Christmas... Hannah was still sick.. still sick... still sick... She was still happy and full of energy she was just a poor sick girl.. So ended up going to urgent care.. Found out she had a double ear infection.. so they gave her antibiotics.. And finally she is slowly getting better.They tested her for the flu and thankfully that came back negative..
BLAH!!!!!!! It's been a crazy time!! And like I said, it was an amazingly wonderful and blah Christmas all at once!!!
 
~Be Blessed and Be A Blessing~
.
  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment