Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Getting Decorated Up For Valentine's Day.....

So after some lag time from my last post I promise to hopefully get back on track...
I made my momma a wreath for her front door for Christmas.. I loved myhand-ie work so much that I desided I was going to make one for our front door...
So after going to hobby lobby *best place EVER*
Got a grape vine wreath...
A letter *H*...
 And some Valentine's fun-ness....
 And about $15.00 later this is what I got.
 The Valentine decor can be taken out easily and replaced with other holiday fun-ness like shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day and flowers for spring... etc..etc... And then I will keep the decor from year to year... So it will be used and used again... I'm so excited!!
 *Oh wow just realized the wreath is crocked I guess I better go fix that!!*
All they had was oval or really freaky circle wreaths... So the husband suggested the oval.. I pouted cause I wanted the circle.. Come to find out... It was a good thing that I listened to my husband! The oval works so much better then the circle would have!!!!
*Now if only I could learn to listen to my hubby and not pout, whine and complain like a 5 year old...*
Shhhhhh don't tell him I said THAT!!!
 hahahaha he would never let me live it down..
And then another idea I had was to start doing a table runner for each season\holiday.. So got some girly\frilly fabric for Valentine's Day... Now I was looking for a red\pink\white checked\plaid... But couldn't find any to my liking but my hubby pulled out this totally vintage\girly fabric and he was like "hey this would make a wonderful table runner..." Ummm ok wasn't planning on going THAT girly... But like I said trying to embrace the husbands thoughts!!! So I bought a yard....
And ended up with this..
 *See totally girly!!*

However, I have left over fabric and I bought some lovely burlap fabric too! You will have to wait for what I will be doing with the said left over fabric and the burlap... I plan on working on it..  And possibly finishing it tonight?? And when I do I will blog all about it... It's still a rough idea in the making.. But I'm thinking it will turn out super cute! And this too will be able to be saved and re-used and re-made to go into other seasons\holidays!!!
So that's about it for now... Like I said I hope to blog more!!
~*Be Blessed and Be A Blessing~*

1 comment:

  1. So cost efficient, clever, and cute! Love that the wreath can be used for any season so easily! And wow Shawn, who knew you were so into interior decorating? lol.

    ReplyDelete