Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy St. Nicholas Day...

When I worked\lived\played\ in Germany for 9 months as an au`pair I was fortunate enough to be able to spend Christmas in Germany..
What an amazing experience I hope someday to go back and share the experience with my husband and my daughter..
Sigh if only...
I was introduced to the feast day\holiday\tradition of St. Nicholas Day..
Which is December 6th of every year..
 St. Nicholas: Sankt Nikolaus is usually celebrated on a small scale. Many children put a boot called Nikolaus-Stiefel (Nikolaus boot) outside the front door on the night of 5 December. St. Nicholas fills the boot with gifts and sweets overnight, and at the same time checks up on the children to see if they were good, polite and helpful the last year. If they were not, they will have a tree branch (Rute) in their boots instead.
Miss Bug is the only one who put out her boots..
My boots were covered in mud and the hubby doesn't have any boots..
P.s. Miss Bug, when she walked out and saw that.. She stopped, looked at me and looked again at the boots and was like "wow...wow...wow..wow.." It was too cute!
 Hubby got a watch\pocket knife set.. Guess St. Nicholas knew that his old watch bit the dust last week...
Miss Bug got tub markers!! She loves them!

 And me.... Well I got the phone I wanted! The hubby didn't want me to have to limp along any longer then I had to with my old phone... That is quickly dying.. And the next time I pay for my phone, I would have been driving to New York on that day.. So that would have been a pain to establish a new phone and what-not while on the road for some odd 18 hours one way!
*more on that later!*
 So as of Dec. 12th I will have a new phone number! WOOT!!!! And with the virizon I wont have to stand by a window to text or call anyone now!! So happy!
breakfast was hootenanny!! It t'was yummy!
 

 And I have been wanting a mock up of the Starbucks Iced Chi Eggnog, and my amazing family came up with this.. I finally FINALLY found the *Oregon* chi that I needed...
 And IT IS SOOO YUMMY!
 And last of all... Found this little puppies at wal-mart...
Candy cane\peppermint chocolate kisses
&
Cherry cordial chocolate kisses!
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
Hope all y'all are having a great and lovely Christmas season!
~Be Blessed and Be A Blessing~
~*~Joyeux Noel~*~


No comments:

Post a Comment