Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wrapping and All That Jazz...

Today during naptime I got my "wrap" on...
All the Hubby's presents are wrapped and all of Miss bug's gifts are wrapped..
Felt so good to get that done.. And now all that is left is making my family's gifts.. Can't show you the progress "cough cough".. cause they read this blog! Hahahaha.. And then I need to finish packaging up and send out my New York family's gifts.. Anyway these are a few photo's I snapped..
Miss Bug's pile of presents... Her three big gifts and her "Christmas Eve" gift..

 Under our Christmas Tree is getting mighty full!
Thankfully Buggy is being soooooo good with the tree and the gifts! Have only had to tell her stern no's a few times... Besides that she hasn't touched it.. SO happy and thankful..
 
I was bit by the cookie making bug today..
Plus all our "crack" bars were gone... And it's Christmas time I HAVE to have baked goods in the house... It's a MUST!!
So I was intrigued to make these:
A niece of mine loves these and was telling me about them. I don't recall ever having them before so I decided to make them.. The hardest part was down sizing the recipe.. But after a few minutes of crunching numbers I made a 1\4 batch... And I got 20 cookies, for a 1\4 batch!!
Cookies
1-1\4c. flour
1 egg
1\4c. milk
1T. lemon extract
"1 large or 2 small"
Grated lemon rind
1-1\4t. baking powder
1\4c. Crisco shortening
Mix all but shortening together... then add the shortening mix together.. Add a bit more flour if it seems too sticky to work with.. I ended up adding a few tablespoons.. I scooped it up by 1"inch balls.. Rolled them play dough style and twisted them together... Put on a cookie sheet but in the oven that has been pre-heated to 350*.. Bake for 12 minutes... No brown.. They will look white.. 
Let cool on a wire wrack..
   
 

 
For glazing...
2\3c. powdered sugar
Rind of 1 lemon
Juice of 2 lemons..
Mix... And there you go!!!
( If it's too think add more lemon juice, if it's to runny add more powder sugar..)

Yep they taste pretty dang good too! Miss Bug loves them as well...
Can't wait to see if they get the Hubby's approval!!
Welp that's about it for today!
 
~Be Blessed and Be A Blessing~
~*~Joyeux Noel~*~


No comments:

Post a Comment